Meredith L Lightfoot, M.D.
American Board of Urology
6124 W. Parker Road, Suite 434
Plano, Texas 75093
- University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston
Galveston, Texas 1998
- Urology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Little Rock, Arkansas 2000-2003
- General Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Little Rock, Arkansas 7/1998-6/2000
- University of Texas Dallas, Graduate course work in Molecular Biology
Dallas, Texas 1/1993 –6/1994
- University of Texas Austin,
Austin, Texas 1992
- Texas, 2001
- American Board of Urology
Honors and Awards:
- 2011 - 2013 D Magazine Collin County Best Doctor's
- 2006 - 2009 D Magazine Dallas Best Doctor’s
- 2009 - 2010 Vice Chair Department of Surgery Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
- 2009 - Present Surgical Peer Review Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
- 2003 Pfizer’s Scholars in Urology Award
- 2001 Women’s Committee of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Scholar
- 2000 American Transplant Society Educational Grant Recipient
- 1998-1999 Vascular Intern of the Year
- 1998 Lubben Award for Excellence in Urology
- 1991 D. H. King Matkowski Scholarship for Leadership
- 1990 - 1992 Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
- 1989 - 1992 Alpha Lambda Delta Freshman Honor Society
- 1996 - 1998 Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- 1996 American Business Women’s Association Grant Recipient, National award based on potential for achievement in a professional field
- 1994 - 1998 American Business Women’s Association Scholarship for Leadership
- 2007 – Present Medical Executive Committee Presbyterian Plano Center Diagnostics/Surgery
- 2007 - 2010 Medical Executive Committee Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
- 2007 - 2010 Genesis Physician Group Board of Directors
- 2004 - 2009 Surgical Services Committee Presbyterian Hospital Plano
- 2005 - 2007 Chairman Surgical Services Committee Presbyterian Plano
- 2002 - 2003 Chief Resident U.A.M.S. Department of Urology
- 1997 - 1998 Co-Director National Student Research Forum – Galveston, Texas
- 1997 - 1998 Secretary/Treasurer Class of 1998
- 1996 - 1997 Student Representative to Graduate Medical Education Committee
- 1996 - 1997 President Class of 1998
- 1995 - 1996 Vice President Alpha Sigma Pi Medical Sorority
- 1995 - 1996 President Class of 1998
- 1994 - 1995 Vice President Class of 1998
- 1994 - 1997 Senator Student Government Association
- 1994 - 1998 Alpha Sigma Pi Medical Sorority
- 1993 - 1994 Graduate Student Organization
- 1982 - 1992 Women in Medicine
- 2003 – Present Dallas County Medical Society
- 2000 - Present South Central Urological Association
- 2000 - Present American Urological Association
- 1998 - 2004 Arkansas Medical Society
- 1994 - Present American Medical Women’s Association
- Chairman AMWA’s Mentorship Program 1995 - 1996
- UTMB Representative to National AMWA Meeting 1995
- AMWA Education Panel Member 1997
- 1994 - Present Texas Medial Association
- 1994 - Present American Medical Association
Publications and Presentations:
Barone GW, Gurley BJ, Ketel BL, Lightfoot ML, et al. Drug interaction between St. John’s Wort and Cyclosporine. The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2000;34: 1013-1016.
Barone GW, Lightfoot ML, Ketel BL. The Little Rock Weave. Contemporary Surgery. 2001;57: 240.
Turton-Weeks SM, Barone GW, Gurley BJ, Ketel BL, Lightfoot ML, Abul-Ezz SR. St. John’s Wort: A Hidden Risk for Transplant Patients. Progress in Transplantation. 2001;11:116-120.
Turton-Weeks SM, Barone GW, Gurley BJ, Ketel BL, Lightfoot ML, Abul-Ezz SR, Anderson KE. The Pretransplant Evaluation of Patient with Acute Intermittent Porphyria. Progress in Transplantation. 2001;11:215-216.
Barone GW, Pait TG, Lightfoot ML, et al. The Rumel Technique for Lateral Thoracotomy Closure. Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery. 2001;42(4): 569-570.
Redman JF, Lightfoot ML Congenital Posterior Urethral Polyp in a Boy. Journal of Urology. Accepted; publication pending 2002.
Redman JF, Lightfoot ML, Reddy PP. Extensive Upper and Midureteral Loss in Infants: Experience with Reconstruction in two Patients. Journal of Urology. 2002:168:691-693.
Redman JF, Lightfoot ML, Reddy PP. Bilateral Single Ureteral Ectopia in a Boy. Urology. 2002:60(3):1-2.
Barone GW, Lightfoot ML, Ketel BL, et al. Further Defining the Transposed Brachiobasilic Fistula. Vascular Access for Hemodialysis (chapter) in Henry and Ferguson (eds) Hemoaccess VII. Precept Press, 2000.
Barone GW, Gurley BJ, Ketel BL, Lightfoot ML, et al.: SJW and Cyclosporine Interactions (Letter to editor) The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2001;35:124-125.
Lightfoot ML, Barone GW, Ketel BL, et al. Further Defining the Transposed Brachiobasilic Fistula. Vascular Access for Hemodialysis VII. San Antonio, Texas May 4-5, 2000.
Turton-Weeks SM, Barone GW, Gurley BJ, Ketel BL, Lightfoot ML, Abul-Ezz SR. Herbal Supplements: A Hidden Risk. National Association of Transplant Coordinators. Orlando, FL August 6-8, 2000. (Awarded the Top Clinical Study).
Barone, GW, Lightfoot ML, et al. The Role of the Transposed Brachiobasilic Fistulae for Hemodialysis Access. The Southwestern Surgical Congress 53rd Annual Meeting. Cancun, Mexico: April 29-May 2, 2001.
Barone GW, Ketel BL, Abul-Ezz SR, Lightfoot ML, Walker PD. Increased Early Rejection Rate After Conversion from Tacrolimus Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation. 8th Congress of International Pancreas and Islet Transplantation Association. Innsbruck, Austria: June 12-15, 2001.
Lightfoot ML, Finkbeiner AE. Pharmacologic Therapies for Urinary Incontinence. U.S./Japan Urology Seminar. Hokkaido, Japan: September 6-7, 2001.
Lightfoot ML, Touijer AK, Kumar U. Laparoscopic Surgery – Initial University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Experience. The South Central Section of the A.U.A. Austin, Texas: September 8-12, 2001.
Lightfoot ML, Engle DE, Greene GF. Correlation of Radiographic to Pathologic Size in Renal Cell Carcinoma: Implication for Renal Sparing Surgery. The South Central Section of the A.U.A. Austin, Texas: September 8-12, 2001.
Chiles W, Lightfoot M, Kumar U. Mitrofanoff procedure using Montie principle and Malone
Antegrade Continence Enema(video). The South Central Section of the A.U.A. Ireland.